Sunday, September 11, 2016

MBTI

My result for the Myers-Briggs personality test was INFP (Introversion 71%, Intuition 76%, Feeling 88%, Prospecting 76%). It is known as 'The Mediator', because of the common need of harmony in the relationships of INFPs.

Here are some quotes I found in my research that I relate to, and why:
"INFPs have the ability to see good in almost anyone or anything. Even for the most unlovable the INFP is wont to have pity." I prefer to try to see the best in people, and I don't like believing that someone is all bad.
"When something catches INFPs' imagination and speaks to their beliefs, they go all in, dedicating their time, energy, thoughts and emotions to the project." For me, friendships or projects are very all-or-nothing. If something is not interesting, I will not put my energy into it. Despite the fact that I am not an analytical person, if I legitimately enjoy something, I will analyze and study it to death.
"...it's as though INFPs like the idea of human contact, but not the reality of social contact." I am very sensitive, and I enjoy being offered to go places or hang out with friends, but the paradox is my high level of introversion means that I tire easily in the social situations I want to feel included in.
"...acquaintances will likely get nowhere near them without sustained and tactful effort." I despise small talk and will actively avoid it. If my interaction with someone is purely pleasantries or talk of the weather, I will probably avoid them too. Friendship is something earned.
"... they are excellent at reading into others' feelings and motivations, but are often unwilling to provide others the same insight into themselves..." I can usually tell when someone is upset, and I am always willing to give what comfort I can to them, but I am extremely careful who I tell my own feelings to.

Here are some quotes that show how I differ from the stereotypical INFP:
"...people with the INFP personality type will emerge from this time alone having come to some momentous decision that even their closest friends didn't know was weighing on them..." If I am struggling with a tough decision, I almost always seek the council of a trusted friend or family member.
"...[they are] able to connect many far-flung dots into a single theme..." I usually have a bit of trouble connecting ideas if they are too far apart.
"INFPs are often so focused on the big picture that they forget the forest is made of individual trees." Admittedly, I am not super detailed-oriented, but I don't believe I am too focused on the big picture either.
"...easily speaking in metaphors and parables..." I enjoy English and writing, but I don't believe I possess the poetic qualities of INFPs.
"Left unchecked, INFPs may start to lose touch, withdrawing into 'hermit mode', and it can take a great deal of energy from their friends or partner to bring them back to the real world." I don't often lock myself away, since I rely on my friends in times of trouble.

1 comment:

  1. It is so cool that you tested as this. I feel that this was very accurate for you. I can always see the mediator personality in you when ever a conflict comes up.

    ReplyDelete